The Bank of America ATM on Barracks Row – 425 8th Street, SE
The ATM’s interior last Wednesday afternoon speaks to the casual indifference of the bank or the clientele or both.
The Week Ahead….Mayor’s Ward 6 Town Hall Meeting on Affordable Housing, the Homeless & Crime
by Larry Janezich
Monday, February 1
- ANC6C ABC Committee meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, 700 2nd Street, NE.
New hotel license for MHF NOMA, 1225 1st Street, NE.
Updates on old business: Addis Ethiopian at 707 H Street, NE; Craft Beer Cellar at 301 H Street, NE; Po Boy Jim’s at 709 H Street, NE; The Alibi at 237 2nd Street, NW; Toscana Café, 601 2nd Street, NE; Sugar Factory, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE; and XO at 15 K Street, NE.
- CHRS Historic Preservation committee, Kirby House, 420 10th Street, SE.
Tuesday, February 2
- ANC6B Planning and Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm at St. Coletta of Greater Washington, 1901 Independence Avenue, SE.
Among items on the agenda:
Support for 11th Street Bridge Park: Scott Kratz, Director of the Bridge Park Project.
125 D Street SE, rear addition/concept. (Ari Gejdenson of Aqua al II, owner)
647 South Carolina Avenue, SE, two-story rear addition replacing existing two-story pavilion/concept.
1247 E Street, SE, request for a 2-Year Extension of the expiration date of the Order granting use variance relief to operate a restaurant in the ground floor space at 1247 E Street, SE. Also, a variance request to convert storage space at the address into a residential unit.
1620 and 1622 E Street, SE, request to permit construction of three-three story flats on three nonconforming lots.
1445 C Street, SE, (Payne Elementary School) for a special exception from the rooftop mechanical equipment requirements to allow the installation of new rooftop mechanical equipment to an existing school building.
229 10th Street, SE, special exception to construct a three-story rear addition to an existing one-family dwelling.
Rear 1524 Independence Avenue, SE, request for a variance from the off-street parking requirements to commit parking spaces to a car-sharing service at premises (rear) 1524 Independence Avenue, SE.
- ANC6C Parks and Events Committee meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, 700 2nd Street, NE.
Updates on neighborhood use of Stuart Hobson Middle School field; Reservation 84 improvements; and NoMa parks issues.
Capitol Riverside Youth Sport Park – Presentation concerning CRYSP’s effort to turn parking lots north of RFK Stadium into playing fields and green space. Representative: Mike Godec, President, CRYSP.
Wednesday, February 3
- Mayor Bowser’s Ward Six Town Hall Meeting, 6:30pm – 9:00pm, a Friendship Public Charter School, 1345 Potomac Avenue, SE, (across from Harris Teeter).
Mayor Muriel Bowser, Councilmembers Charles Allen and Anita Bonds, with Office of DC Attorney General and DCMPD will participate in a Ward Six Town Hall Meeting to discuss 1) Affordable Housing and Services for the Homeless, and 2) Crime Prevention and Criminal Enforcement.
- ANC 6C Planning, Zoning, and Economic Development Committee meets at 7:00pm, at Capitol Hill Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, 700 Second Street, NE.
1105 Abbey Place, NE, application of Robert Bailey for a special exception to enclose a rear porch for an existing one-family dwelling in the R-4 District at premises.
629 L Street, NE, application for special exceptions to construct a second-story addition to an existing one-family dwelling in the R-4 District.
Burnham Place (project to deck over tracks north of Union Station) (non-voting) – Informational presentation by the developer concerning the expected review process and schedule for the project to deck over the tracks & construct numerous new structures. Representative: David Tuchmann, Akridge.
Status update on efforts toward DCRA reform
- ANC6B Transportation Committee meets at 7:00pm, in Hill Center.
DDOT Traffic Calming Study Progress and/or results: 12th and G Streets, SE.
ANC 6B Comments on DDOT Southeast Boulevard Feasibility Study
ANC 6B Report to the Mayor on Reflections on Snow Team Operations during Blizzard 2016
Thursday, February 4
- ANC6B’s Alcohol Beverage Control Committee meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center.
Matchbox, 521 8th Street, SE, expansion of 1,600 square feet resulting in an additional 45 interior dining seats, 14 bar/counter seats, and six exterior patio seats.
- ANC6C’s Transportation and Public Space Committee meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, 700 2nd Street, NE.
Agenda not available at press time.
- PSA 107 with Acting Captain Damion Taylor meets at 7:00pm in Southeast Library, lower level.
- Friends of Southeast Library (FOSEL) meets at 5:30pm, in Southeast Library, lower level.