The Week Ahead…..
by Larry Janezich
CHRISTMAS TREE SALE: Cub Scout Pack 230 Christmas Tree Sale – 3-6 December. Lutheran Church of the Reformation, 212 East Capitol Street, NE, across for the Folger Theater.
Hours: Thursday Dec 3. 3 – 5:00pm-8:00pm; Friday Dec 4. 4 – 5:00pm-8:00pm; Saturday Dec 5. 5 – 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday Dec 6. 5 – 11:30am – 4:00pm.Thur 5-8pm – Fri 5-8pm – Sat 9-6pm – Sun. 11:30-4pm.
Monday, November 30
- ANC6B Planning and Zoning Planned Unit Development (PUD) Subcommittee will meet at 7:00pm at the Hill Center. The PUD Subcommittee will work through the PUD process for multiple proposed projects located in ANC6B, making recommendations on benefits and amenities packages to the ANC Planning and Zoning Committee.
Update on proposed PUD projects and subcommittee plans
Presentation on Watkins Alley PUD
Draft benefits and amenities package for 1401 Penn
Tuesday, December 1
- Anc6B Planning & Zoning Committee meets at 7:00 p.m., in the cafeteria at St. Coletta of Greater Washington, 1901 Independence Avenue, SE.
1220 Potomac Avenue SE, new construction/revised plans.
Rear 1524 Independence Avenue SE.
1401 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, PUD, Draft Memorandum of Agreement.
- ANC 6C Parks and Events Committee meets at 7:00pm, Kaiser-Permanente Capitol Hill Medical center, 700 2nd Street, SE.
Agenda not available at press time.
Wednesday, December 2
- CANCELLEDANC6B Transportation Committee meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center
DDOT Traffic Calming Study Results: 12th & G Streets SE
DDOT DC State Rail Plan (released September 21, 2015)
- ANC 6C Planning, Zoning, and Economic Development Committee meets at 7:00 pm, Capitol Hill Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, 700 Second Street, NE, 2nd & G Streets, NE.
518 6th St. NE (non-voting) – Status update on ANC 6C’s appeal of the Zoning Administrator’s issuance of permit B1512716 in violation of the zoning regulations, and the Zoning Administrator’s refusal to revoke that permit despite repeated notice (and detailed evidence) of its illegality.
650 F St. St. NE (BZA 19159) — Application of Edward and Jessica Long, pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3104.1, for a special exception under § 223, not meeting the lot occupancy requirements under § 403, the open court requirements under § 406, and the non-conforming structure requirements under § 2001.3, and a special exception from the height requirements under to construct a third-floor addition with roof deck to an existing one-family dwelling in the R-4 District at premises 650 F Street N.E. (Square 860, Lot 7). Representative: Jennifer Fowler. Hearing on Jan. 12, 2016. [ANC 6C05]
Proposal to petition for a zoning regulation amendment – Proposal to petition the Zoning Commission for an amendment to the regulations to exclude part or all of a historic front porch from the definition of “building area.” The purpose of the amendment is to address situations where all or part of an existing porch lies within the lot boundaries and therefore counts toward the percentage of lot occupancy.
Under current law, owners have an incentive to remove such porches in order to facilitate by-right construction of additions at the rear or elsewhere on the property. The proposed language would eliminate that incentive.
Thursday, December 3
- ANC6B ABC Committee meets at 7:00 pm in Hill Center.
On the Agenda:
Bullfrog Bagels, 317 7th Street, SE, new Retailer’s Class “C” Restaurant license.
Trader Joe’s, 750 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, new Retailer’s Class B license.
- ANC 6C Transportation and Public Space Committee meets at 7:00pm at Kaiser Permanente, 700 2nd St. NE
Agenda unavailable at press time.
- Friends of Southeast Library (FOSEL) meet at 5:30pm at Southeast Library, lower level.
- PSA 107 meets at 7:00pm, Southeast Library, lower level