The Week Ahead….
by Larry Janezich
Monday, November 16
- ANC 6A Transportation & Public Space Committee Meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Towers, 900 G Street, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Request for letter of support for Rock & Roll Marathon
Request for truck and bus restrictions on 11th Street, NE
Pedestrian walk signals at 10th Street NE and Maryland Avenue NE
Tuesday, November 17
- ANC6B’s Hill East Task Force meets at 7:00pm at St. Coletta of Greater Washington
To hear a presentation on the updated plans for phase 1 of the Hill East development. Reps from Donatelli Development and GTM Architects will share design drawings and updates on the progress toward construction on two parcels near the Stadium Armory Metro entrance.
- ANC 6A Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee meeting meets at 7:00pm at Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, NE.
Discussion of request by Ocopa at 1324 H Street, NE, for an Entertainment Endorsement.
Discussion of request by Sol Mexican Grill at 1251 H Street, NE, for an extension of hours for operation, alcoholic beverage sales and consumption, and live entertainment.
- CHRS Board of Directors meets at 6:30pm, Capitol Hill Townhomes, 750 6th Street, SE, second floor. Details: Lisa Dale Jones, (202) 543-0425.
Wednesday, November 18
- ANC6A Economic Development and Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm, at Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Resolution of previously heard BZA/HPRB cases
1603-1625 Benning Road, NE (Informational Presentation): The PUD seeks a land use designation change from the existing C-2-A to C-2-B in order to develop the Property into a residential development with a significant portion of the units being dedicated to workforce housing.
1313 to 1323 Linden Court, NE: Applicant seeks variances from the zoning regulations to allow the construction of five one-family dwellings and a neighborhood-servicing retail establishment in the C-2-A District.
1301 H Street, NE: Application of 3317 16th Street LLC, for variances zoning regulations and a special exemption for the HS Overlay requirements to convert a vacant church into a new four-story, mixed-use commercial and residential building in the HS-A/C-2-A District.
- CHRS Preservation Café: “Home Maintenance Tips.” 7:00pm, Kaiser Permanente building, 700 2nd Street, NE
- Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee (EMCAC) meets at 7:00pm, North Hall, Eastern Market.
Thursday, November 19
- PSA 108 meets at 7:00pm at Liberty Baptist Church, 527 Kentucky Avenue, SE, with MPD Lt. Damion Taylor.
Notice for Thursday, November 19, 2015
Washington Interfaith Network (WIN) City Wide Action Effort on Jobs, Housing and Homelessness with Mayor Muriel Bowser.
7:00pm – 8:30pm, Covenant Baptist UCC, 3845 South Capitol Street, SE
Sign Up/RSVP REQUIRED . Those interested in attending should contact Pastor Anthony E. Owens, Liberty Baptist Church, 527 Kentucky Ave., S.E.
Washington Interfaith Network is an affiliate of the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF)