The Week Ahead….
Monday, October 19
- ANC6D meets at 7:00pm, 1100 4th Street, SW, DCRA 2nd Floor Meeting Room.
Agenda not available at press time.
- ANC 6A Transportation and Public Space Committee Meeting, 7:00pm, Capitol Hill Towers, 900 G Street, NE.
Among items on the Agenda:
Public space request related to Rappaport Co. redevelopment of H Street Connection.
Request for support of traffic calming assessment for 1200 and 1300 blocks of Constitution Avenue, NE.
Tuesday, October 20
- ANC 6A Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Discussion of request by The Pursuit at 1421 H Street, NE, for a change from a Restaurant to a Tavern license.
Discussion of request by Ocopa at 1324 H Street, NE, for an Entertainment Endorsement.
- Eastern Market Community Potluck Dinner 7:00pm, North Hall.
- CHRS Board of Directors meets at Capitol Hill Townhomes, 750 6th Street, SE.
Wednesday, October 21
- ANC6A Economic Development Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, Corner of 10th and G Streets, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
1140 Florida Avenue, NE. Developer will make a brief presentation to provide information and answer questions regarding project in ANC5D.
134 11th Street, NE. Applicant seeks a special exception not meeting the lot occupancy requirements to construct a garage with a rooftop deck in the R-4 District.
1313 to 1323 Linden Court, NE. Applicant seeks variances to allow the construction of five one-family dwellings and a neighborhood-servicing retail establishment in the C-2-A District.
1114 F Street, NE. Applicant seeks historic landmark designation for the Lexington Apartments building.
- Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee meets at 7:00pm, North Hall, Eastern Market.
Saturday, October 24
River Park Nursery School Yard Sale at Eastern Market: Oct. 24, 8 am-1pm, From the announcement: “Come find great bargains and delicious home baked goods while supporting a Capitol Hill nursery school! Eastern Market in the plaza near Rumsey pool on North Carolina Avenue Southeast. Proceeds support River Park Nursery School, which has a 50-year tradition of providing quality instruction that encourages individual growth and development.”
Sunday, October 25
Rosedale “REVERSE BOOK SALE” 1:00pm – 4:00pm. From the announcement: “Friends of the Rosedale Library Fall Anniversary Celebration. Donate books in good condition to support FORL’s programs at the Rosedale Library. We’re doing things in a different way – a Reverse Book Sale. Drop off your gently used books and make a donation. We’ll use the books to raise funds for FORL programs and events at the Library. *Reverse Book Sale *Bake Sale and Cider *Halloween Crafts for Kids *Film Screening at 2 p.m. “Mama C: Urban Warrior” *DCPL and FORL info and give-aways.” Rosedale Library is at 1701 Gales St NE, Washington, DC 20002.