Eastern Market Metro, circa 7:00pm, Thursday night
The Week Ahead….
by Larry Janezich
Monday, March 7
- Continuation of ANC 6B Planning & Zoning Meeting. ANC6B’s Planning & Zoning Committee was unable to get through its entire agenda during its scheduled meeting on Tuesday, March 1, and the meeting will continue at 7:00pm on Monday, March 7, at Hill Center.
Agenda: Watkins Alley Planned Unit Development, 1309-1323 E Street, SE.
- ANC 6C Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee will meet at 7:00pm at Northeast Library, 330 7th Street, NE.
Bistro Italiano – 320 D Street, NE, Summer garden request.
Seoul Spice LLC, 145 N Street, NE, new restaurant license.
- DC SafetyNet’s will hold its first community meeting, at 6:30pm, friendship Chamberlain School, 1345 Potomac Avenue, SE.
- CHRS Historic Preservation Committee meets at 6:30pm, at Kirby House, 420 10th Street, SE
Tuesday, March 8
- ANC6B meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE.
Among items on the agenda:
Election of Outreach & Constituent Services Task Force Chair.
New Initiatives at CHAW: Jill Strachan, Executive Director.
EventsDC’s Planned Release of and Review Process for “RFK Study”: Pete Kirschner, Communications & Marketing Director and Caroline Jhingory, Community Engagement Coordinator.
Matchbox, 521 8th Street SE, Substantial change due expansion of 1,600 square feet resulting in an additional 45 interior dining seats, 14 bar/counter seats, and six exterior patio seats.
Support for Watkins Elementary School Modernization Project.
328 D Street SE, rear addition/concept.
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE – add third story to existing restaurant.
160 North Carolina Avenue, SE – add third story to rear.
Hill East Design Review: Larry Clark, Donatelli Development.
Note: The following case will most likely be removed from the March 8 agenda so that it can be considered in full at a Special Call Meeting on March 22, 2016:
Watkins Alley, 1309-1323 E Street, SE, and 516 13th Street, SE. PUD issues.
- PSA 104 meets at 7:00pm, at Ludlow Taylor Elementary School, 659 7th Street, NE.
Agenda: Crime trends and statistics, Safety tips, Meet your neighbors, Partners in Problem Solving sessions, Nuisance Properties complaints, Crime Reporting and follow up, Neighborhood Watch, Security Cameras, Open dialogue.
Wednesday, March 9
- Advisory Neighborhood Commission 6C meets at 7:00pm, Heritage Foundation, 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Bistro Italiano, 320 D Street, NE, request for a summer garden.
Seoul Spice, 145 N Street, NE, new restaurant license.
Updates – Stuart Hobson field, Res. 84 improvements,
NoMa parks issues
KIPP D.C. College Preparatory campus, 1405 Brentwood Parkway NE – Outdoor facilities and community access.
Alley closure request, A Street between 7th and 8th Streets NE
170 M Street, NE, Department of Justice – parking garage entrance and sidewalk treatments
300 M Street, NE, – landscaping, sidewalk treatments, bike racks, etc.
518 6th Street, NE, concept approval to replace an existing one-story rear addition with a new two-story rear addition.
Thursday, March 10
- ANC6A meets at 7:00 pm, Miner Elementary, 601 Fifteenth Street, NE.
Presentation: Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen.
Grant application from the Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School PTO, pending the PTO provide a revised letter or supplementary email from the Ludlow-Taylor principal, explaining why there were no funds allocated (or) available for the art class during the 2015-2016 school year.
Letter to DDOT requesting the installation of a new Capital Bikeshare station at 8th & H Streets, NE.
Letter of support to HPRB for the proposed design at 1120 Park Street, NE.
- CHRS Zoning Committee meets at 7:30pm, at Kirby House, 420 10th Street, SE
Saturday, March 12
- Book Sale at Southeast Library, 10am – 3:00pm. Sponsored by Friends of Southeast Library