The Week Ahead….Meeting on Inaugural Safety and Logistics – Wednesday
by Larry Janezich
Monday, December 19
- ANC 6A Transportation & Public Space Committee meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Towers, 900 G Street, NE.
Request for letter of support for Rock & Roll Marathon – 20 minutes (Mahmud)
- ANC 6A Community Outreach Committee meets at 7:00pm at Maury Elementary School, Multi-Purpose Room, 1250 Constitution Avenue, NE.
Review of Miner Elementary School Grant Final Report
Review of grant application from Eliot-Hine MS PTO
Tuesday, December 20
ANC6A Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Discussion of request for new CT license filed by Bespoke at 1337 H Street, NE.
Presentation by new ownership group at 1123 H Street NE (formerly Touché, formerly XII Restaurant & Lounge).
Wednesday, December 21
- ANC6B Outreach and Constituent Services Task Force meets at 7:00pm at Hill Center, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE.
Discussion of Inauguration Safety and Logistics. Invited Speakers include: Commander Morgan C. Kane – DC MPD First District; Chris Geldart- Director, Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; Leif Dormsjo – Director, DC Department of Transportation; Mark Beach- Assistant Patrol District Commander- DC MPD First District; Eric Belknap- Commander US Capitol Police; Commanders Jeffrey Carroll and Keith DeVille (Special Operations Division- Inaugural Events for DC MPD).
- ANC6A Economic Development & Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, 640 10th Street, NE.
Kingman Park Historic District: Request by residents to make Kingsman Park and surrounding areas a historic district.
600 9th Street, NE: Application for zoning variances from the non-conforming structure requirements, the lot occupancy requirements, and the rear yard requirements, to permit the location of multiple decks over an existing rear-attached garage in the RF-1 Zone.
- PSA 106 meets at 7:00pm at 200 Eye Street (again) until the community center opens for business.
Thursday, December 22
- PSA 108 meets at 7:00pm, at Liberty Baptist Church, 527 Kentucky Avenue, SE.
Friday, December 23
Stop the Violence Community Christmas Celebration for the community at Tyler Elementary School from 6:00-9:00pm. Everyone from the community is welcome. Please feel free to bring Christmas gifts for the children. The contact is Ms. Gloria Matthews, President of the Hopkins Residents Council, at email@example.com or 202-423-5576.