The Week Ahead….Community Meetings on Res 13/RFK & Boys and Girls Club Redevelopment
by Larry Janezich
Monday, February 13
- Rally to tell Rep. Chaffetz and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to keep their #HandsOffDC as they vote to override the will of D.C. residents. 5 pm at Lower D Park [Spirit of Justice Park on Google Maps] near South Capitol Street and C Street, SW, and then continue on to the #HandsOffDC organizing meeting at the Atlas Performing Arts Center at 1333 H Street NE at 6:30 p.m.
- ANC6D meets at 7:00pm, 1100 4th Street SW, 2nd Floor.
Among items on the draft agenda:
Public Safety Report- First District MPD (PSA 105 & PSA 106) Lt. Robinson, Sgt. Kennie, Sgt. Strassman, Sgt. Ritchie
SW Waterfront Fireworks Festival
Greater Greater Washington
Mother Earth Public Art
Bus Stop – Delaware & M Street
ABC Committee licensing:
- Cherry Blossom 8:10
- Pearl Street Warehouse
Marine Corps Marathon
Museum of the Bible
Forest City Waterfront Station – PUD Extension
Forest City Parcel L-1
Short Term Family Housing Letter of Support
Tuesday, February 14
- ANC6B meets at 7:00pm, Hill Center, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE.
Among items on the agenda:
Election of Committee Chairs
Establishment of Outreach & Constituent Services & Hilleast Task Forces; Election of Chairs
Alcohol Beverage issues:
- Capitol Hill Tandoor, 419 8th Street, SE; Withdraw Protest, support license renewal with Settlement Agreement
- Pretzel Bakery, 257 15th ST, SE; New Class “D” Restaurant License; Stipulated License
Historic Preservation Application: 417 4th St SE; Modifications to plans
Historic Preservation Application: 1335 Mass Ave, SE; Rear 2nd Story addition with Rooftop deck
Zoning Adjustment: 608 G St, SE; Rear first-floor addition to an existing one-family dwelling
Zoning Adjustment: 337 16th St. SE; Rear first-floor addition to an existing one-family dwelling
Zoning Adjustment: 1415 Potomac Ave, SE; Two-story rear addition to an existing flat
Zoning Adjustment: 1336 E St. SE, Rear second-story addition to an existing one-family dwelling
1333 M Street, SE– PUD Modification to allow 2 more years before permitting
Historic preservation application: 517 7th St, SE; 3-story addition
Historic preservation application: 1335 Mass Avenue, SE, rear second-story addition to an existing one-family dwelling
Youth Rehabilitation Act Resolution
Hands Off DC Resolution
- PSA 104 meets at 7:00pm at Stuart Hobson Middle School, 410 E Street, NE
Wednesday, February 15
- Community Meeting – briefing by developers on RFK/Reservation 13 hosted by ANC6B Commissioner Denise Krepp. 7:00pm, St. Coletta’s of Greater Wasington, 1900 Independence Avenue, SE
- ANC6A Economic Development and Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, Corner of 10th and G Streets, NE
Among items on the agenda:
619 Elliott Street, NE, Zoning Adjustment Application for a special exception from the lot occupancy requirements to permit the construction of a third-story addition with roof deck to an existing one-family dwelling in the RF-1 Zone.
1126 Constitution Avenue, NE, Zoning Adjustment Application for a special exception from the lot occupancy requirements to permit the construction of a two-story garage in the RF-1 Zone.
3. PSA 106 meets at 7:00pm at the CQ Community Center, 1000 5th Street, SE.
Thursday, February 16
- Community meeting on the redevelopment of the Boys and Girls Club, hosted by the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), 6:30pm, Friendship Chamberlain Elementary School, 1345 Potomac Avenue, SE. Surplus hearing and discussion of the OurRFP process regarding the redevelopment of the Hill East Boys and Girls Club.
During the surplus hearing, the District will receive comments on the proposed surplus of the District property. After the surplus hearing, DMPED will hold the second engagement meeting in the OurRFP process to reconnect with the community about the ideas shared at the January 28th Workshop and Online Engagement Forum. Community members will also be provided an opportunity to further prioritize their preferences for the redevelopment of the site.
- PSA 108 meets at 7:00pm, at Liberty Baptist Church, 527 Kentucky Avenue, SE.