The Week Ahead….
by Larry Janezich
Tuesday, May 30
- ANC6B’s Executive Committee meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center to set the agenda for the next monthly meeting of the full commission, on Tuesday, June 13.
- Hill resident and author of Hollywood on the Potomac, Mike Canning, a long-time film reviewer for The Hill Rag , takes a look at the movies featuring DC. Canning’s talk will use short film-clips to show how our city, has been portrayed in feature films— from “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” to “All the President’s Men” to “No Way Out” to “Minority Report”, etc. PRICE: $20 Members; $25 Non-members. Includes hors d’oeuvres. Cash Bar. 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Woman’s National Democratic Club, 1526 New Hampshire Ave NW (corner of Q St, near Dupont Circle), (202) 232-7363. Registration: http://conta.cc/2ryHi99
Wednesday, May 31
- Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee meets at 7:00ppm, in the North Hall of Eastern Market. The North hall is located at the corner of 7th and North Carolina Ave SE.
Among items on the agenda:
Appraisers Preliminary Report subject of Special meeting June 14th
Developments on status of 7th Street between C and Pennsylvania Avenue
Market Managers Report: Status of Leases, Financials, Eastern Market Main Street
Thursday, June 1
- Community Meeting on DDOT’s Pennsylvania & Potomac Avenue, SE Intersection Improvement Project: 6:30-8:30pm, Hill Center, Abraham Lincoln Hall, 921 Penn Ave SE. DDOT released its environmental assessment for this project here: http://bit.ly/2qvuXyl
- PSA 107 meets at 7:00pm in Southeast Library, lower level.
- Friends of Southeast Library (FOSEL) meet at 5:30pm in Southeast Library, lower level.
Reminder: Register to participate in the Barracks Row 4th of July Parade.
Join the parade on the Fourth of July- just register and you, your family, your school, your group can be a part of an All American tradition. Just sign up with Phil Guire, Grand Marshall of the parade here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember- this is a rain or shine event. Marchers meet at 8th and I Street under the 695 freeway to form up- and at 10am sharp Phil will start the parade.