Week Ahead… Thursday: HPRB Hearing on MGM Lobby Shop & Baptist Church Townhouses
by Larry Janezich
Monday, June 19
- ANC6A Transportation and Public Space Committee meets at 7:00pm, Capitol Hill Towers, 900 G Street, N.E.
Among items on the agenda:
Presentation by DDOT officials of 90% plans for Maryland Avenue, N.E. redesign project and discussion regarding plans to redesign Florida Avenue, N.E.
Tuesday, June 20
- ANC6A Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, N.E.
Among items on the agenda.
Discussion of request for change to entertainment endorsement filed by The Elroy Bar, LLC t/a The Elroy (1423 H Street, N.E.)
Discussion of request for new CT Restaurant license filed by Dynamix Lounge, LLC t/a Dynamix Lounge (1220 H Street NE)
- Capitol Hill Restoration Society Board of Directors meets at 6:30pm, Capitol Hill Townhomes, 750 6th Street, S.E.
Wednesday, June 21
- ANC6A Economic Development and Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm, Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, N.E.
Agenda not available at press time.
- Capitol Hill Restoration Society Members Meeting. Presentation: Ruth Trocelli, HPRB Archeologist will speak on “What Secrets Lie Beneath the Shotgun House”. Trocelli and her team will present the results of their excavation of the Shotgun House site. A display of found artifacts will accompany the excavation. 7:00pm at the Hill Center. Free and open to the public.
Thursday, June 22
The Historic Preservation Review Board meets to consider various historic preservation cases. At circa 11:15am, the Board will consider the concept for the Capitol Hill’s Baptist Church proposal for five townhouses on church property, at 525 A Street, S.E. At circa 1:00pm the Board will consider the MGM Corporation concept and proposed rear additions to the building at 501 C Street, N.E. The Board meets at 441 4th Street, N.W., Room 220 – south.