The Week Ahead….Trader Joe’s at 700 Pennsylvania Avenue Opens at 7:55am on Friday
By Larry Janezich
Monday, September 25
- ANC6A Community Outreach Committee meets at 7:00pm, Maury Elementary School, Multi-Purpose Room, 1250, Constitution Avenue, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Review of ANC 6A Grant Application: Miner Elementary School for Picnic Tables and Benches
Tuesday, September 26
- ANC6B Executive Committee meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center to set the agenda for the full ANC6B October meeting.
2. PSA 106 meets at 7:00pm Congressional Quarter Community Center, 5th & K St, SE.
According to coordinator Eva Walter: “In 18 days, the Wharf DC will open and restaurants, bars, music venues, retail, and other entertainment spaces will open for business, bringing thousands of people into the area every night. How will all of these new establishments be kept safe? How will the opening of this $2 billion project affect safety and security on this side of South Capitol Street? How will police cope when a ball game, soccer game, and 6000-person concert occur on the same day? Come find out on Tuesday, when Lt. Queen will give us an overview of what’s happening and what we should expect.”
Thursday, September 28
- The Historic Preservation Review Board will meet at 441 4th Street NW in Room 220-South. The Historic Preservation case concerning 418 and 420 7th Street SE, HPA 17-481, revised concept/rear and rooftop additions and new building at rear of lot 5, is scheduled for consideration form 1:00pm – 2:00pm.. The neighbors are up in arms concerning the loss of greenspace, not only for the aesthetic impact on this block in the Capitol Hill Historic District, but also because the greenspace has provided a barrier against invasion by rats drawn to the block by Barracks Row restaurants backing up to the back yards of their alley-less neighbors.
Friday, September 29
- Trader Joe’s opens at 7:55am, Hine Project, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE.