The Week Ahead…and Some Photos from the Past Week
By Larry Janezich
Posted August 15, 2021
Monday, August 16
ANC6A Transportation & Public Space Committee will hold a virtual meeting at 7:00pm.
For info on how to join the meeting, go here: https://bit.ly/3p95vNI
Among items on the agenda:
- Traffic Safety Assessment for 1600 block of Isherwood Street, NE. DDOT has requested that ANC6A amend its June 10, 202,1 resolution supporting TSA#21- 00168899 (1500 block of Isherwood Street, NE, and adjacent intersections) to clarify that it includes the 1600 block as well. This will allow DDOT to install speed humps on 3 continuous blocks: the 1600 and 1500 blocks of Isherwood Street, NE, and the 1400 block of Duncan Place, NE. The 1400 block of Duncan Place, NE, was covered in the April 8, 2021 ANC6A resolution supporting TSA# 20-00287735.
- Traffic Safety Assessment(s) for 17th – 19th Street, NE, between D Street, NE, and Rosedale Street, NE.
- Traffic Safety Assessment for 700 – 1300 blocks of I Street, NE.
- Traffic Safety Assessment for 1300, 1400 and 1500 blocks of East Capitol Street, NE.
- Traffic safety assessment for 300 block of 19th Street, NE.
- Request for raised crosswalks at intersections where DDOT has indicated all-way stops are not warranted, including 14th and A Streets, NE, 15th and A Streets NE, 15th Street and Constitution Avenue, NE and 13th and I Streets, NE.