Mayor Bowser Holds Situational Briefing
by Larry Janezich
Posted January 6, 2022
Mayor Bowser held a Situational Briefing today, January 6, and made the following points:
- Those who have received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine can get a booster after 5 months.
- Those who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster after 2 months.
- Those who have received two doses of Moderna vaccine can get a booster after 6 months.
- Today, those 12 – 15 who have received 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine can get boosted if their second vaccination was on or before August 6, 2021.
There are four ways to get tested for Covid 19 – but do not go to a hospital.
- Get free rapid test at 1 of 9 libraries – now including SW Library (see below).
- Get a PCR test at 1 of 36 Test Yourself DC Sites: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/testing
- Go to walk up PCR test sites at firehouses or the DCD/FEMA test site at Judiciary Square https://coronavirus.dc.gov/testing
- Get an appointment with your health care provider.
As of January 15, proof of one vaccinations and ID will be required for those 18 plus at:
- Restaurants, bars, nightclubs
- Indoor cultural and entertainment facilities
- Exercise and recreation establishments
- Indoor event and meeting establishments.
As of February 15, proof of full vaccination and ID s for those 18 plus will be required.