by Larry Janezich
ANC6B has scheduled a Special Meeting on Thursday, June 9 at 7:00pm to consider liquor license renewals for six restaurants:
- We, the Pizza, 305 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
- Good Stuff Eatery, 303 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
- Taco City DC, 1102 8th Street, SE
- Trattoria Alberto, 504 8th Street, SE
- Little Pearl, 921 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
- Ted’s Bulletin, 505 8th Street, SE
Among a slew of renewals the full ANC will consider at its June 14th meeting, these six have a drop dead date of June 13 for the ANC to file a protest against the licenses. Hence the need to consider them in a special meeting. Some commissioners suggested the renewal for We, the Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery could be controversial given the spotty track record of the restaurants’ adherence to Settlement Agreements governing operations – agreements which Brian Ready, chair of the ABC Committee regards as inadequate.
Once the full ANC disposes of the six cases, the ABC Committee will continue to consider 18 additional renewals, all of which have a June 20 protest deadline.
Info on how to join the meetings will be posted on Sunday’s The Week Ahead.