Election 2022. Mail Ballot Drop Boxes Open Today, October 14.
By Larry Janezich
Posted October 14, 2022
Mail Ballot Drop Boxes opened today. You may drop your voted mail-in-ballot in ANY Ballot Drop Box at ANY time until 8:00 pm on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8. Here’s what else you need to know about voting:
Mail Ballot Drop Boxes in Ward 6 are at the following locations:
- Northeast Library, 330 7th Street, NE
- Southwest Library, 900 Wesley Place, SW
- Eastern Market, 225 7th Street, SE
- BOE Headquarters, 1015 Half Street, SE
- DCPS Headquarters, 1200 First Street, NE
- Payne Elementary School, 1445 C Street, SE
- Deadline for receipt of all voter registration applications: October 18, 2022
- Deadline to request Absentee Ballot*: October 24, 2022
- Deadline for UOCAVA voters to request an Absentee Ballot: November 5, 2022
- Early Voting period: October 31 to November 6, 2022
- General Election Day: November 8, 2022
- Deadline for DC BOE to receive voted Absentee Ballots: November 15, 2022
- *Given that DCBOE is mailing all registered DC voters a mail-in ballot, you do NOT need to request an Absentee Ballot unless you will be away from your DC residence during the 2022 General Election.
Vote early in one of four ways:
Return your ballot quickly by mail – no postage required. Leave plenty of time for your ballot to reach the Board. Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day (November 8), and they must be received by the Board no later than November 15.
Return your ballot in one of the Board’s 55 secure drop boxes across the District until 8 p.m. on Election Day: https://dcboe.org/Voters/Where-to-Vote/Mail-Ballot-Drop-Boxes
Drop off your ballot at any early Vote Center from 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. during “Election Week” (October 31-November 6) and from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Election Day (November 8) https://earlyvoting.dcboe.org/
Vote early in person at any early Vote Center during “Election Week” (October 31-November 6) from 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Voters can vote at any Vote Center during Election Week, regardless of residential address within the District. Early Voting Vote Center Locations: https://earlyvoting.dcboe.org/
If you choose to vote in-person on Election Day, plan ahead! Bring water, snacks, and a mask, and dress comfortably. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Voters can vote at any Vote Center on Election Day, regardless of residential address within the District. Vote Center Locations on Election Day: https://www.dcboe.org/Voters/Where-to-Vote/Election-Day-Vote-Centers