The Week Ahead….BAZ Hearing on Hispanic Caucus Lobby Shop on NJ Avenue on Wednesday – CM Allen Looks at crime prevention Monday and Tuesday
by Larry Janezich
Monday, June 26
- ANC6A Community Outreach Committee meeting.
- Council Member Charles Allen holds oversight roundtable to consider the District’s Crime Prevention Strategies for Summer, 2017. The review of the full range of city agencies who work on preventing crime during the summer will feature government officials, community organizations working on the issue, local leadership, and concerned residents. The roundtable begins at 10:00am in Room 120 of the Wilson Building and will be streamed on the Council’s website, Here: http://dccouncil.us/granicus
Tuesday, June 27
- ANC6B Executive Committee meets at 7:00pm in Hill Center to set the agenda for the July meeting of the full ANC.
- Rosedale Community town Hall meeting on public safety, with CM Allen and MPD Chief Peter Newsham. Allen and Newsham will be joined by representatives of DC’s Office of the Attorney General to discuss public safety and what is being done to educate and protect DC residents. 6:30pm at Pilgrim AME Church, 17th and Rosedale Streets, N.E.
- PSA 106 meets at 7:00pm in the Community Center at Capitol Quarter, 1000 5th SE.
Wednesday, June 28
- Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee meets at 7:00pm, North Hall, Eastern Market.
Among items on the agenda:
Market Manager’s Report:
Status of leases
Eastern Market Security Matters
Pot Luck Dinner
Eastern Market Main Street
- The Bureau of Zoning Adjustment meets to consider zoning adjustment applications, including that of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus’ request to for an adjustment to permit conversion of a residence on New Jersey Avenue, SE, into office and event space. 9:30am, Room 2205, One Judiciary Square, 441 4th Street, N.W.