Eastern Market Farmers Line to Re-open Tuesday & New Hours for Inside Merchants
by Larry Janezich
DGS announced this afternoon that the Eastern Market Farmers Market has been granted a waiver to re-open. Both the farmers line and the inside merchants will operate with shorter hours during the COVID-19 crisis.
For the Farmers Market:
Tuesdays: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
For the Indoor Merchants
Tuesday – Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
To ensure everyone’s safety, customers will be required to follow social distancing regulations:
Per Mayor’s Order 2020-058 issued on April 8, 2020:
ALL CUSTOMERS MUST:
- Wear a face covering.
- Avoid entering the Farmers’ Market if you are feeling sick.
- Maintain six (6) feet of distance from each person who is not part of your household. Households should have no more than one or two people in their shopping group.
- Cough or sneeze away from people and into a tissue or your elbow or sleeve and immediately dispose of tissues in a safe manner.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any other physical contact.
- Do not eat any food you purchased while in the market space.
- Wash your produce and wipe down any packaging with a disinfectant when you get home.
- Keep your market visit simple and short; buy what you need and do not linger, socialize, or congregate in the market space.
- No browsing or entering market tents! Stay focused on buying what you need — aim to get in and out of the market in under 30 minutes.
- Leave your dogs, children, and senior family members at home.