The Week Ahead….Controversial H St. Pop Up Before ANC6A Zoning Committee Wednesday
by Larry Janezich
Monday, July 18
- ANC 6A Transportation and Public Space Committee meets at 7:00pm at Capitol Hill Towers, 900 G Street, NE.
Among items on the agenda:
Request for brick sidewalk on 800 Block of A Street, NE
Request to convert 2-way stop to 4-way stop at 8th Street, NE and West Virginia Avenue, NE
Request for traffic study at intersection of 10th Street, NE, and Massachusetts Avenue, NE
- SW Neighborhood Assembly (SWNA) and ANC-6D will jointly host a Community Forum on Transportation in Southwest at 7:00pm at the Arena Stage Kogod Cradle Theater. The meeting will provide an opportunity for city officials to address the escalating transportation challenges presented by development in Southwest. Construction now underway or planned, includes three new museums, a 21,000 seat soccer stadium, and 6,000 units of housing contemplated for Buzzard Point.
Tuesday, July 19
- ANC6A Alcohol Beverage Licensing Committee meets at 7:00pm at Sherwood Recreation Center, 10th and G Streets, NE
Agenda not available at press time
- CHRS Board of Directors meets at 6:30pm, Capitol Hill Townhomes, 750 6th Street, SE.
Wednesday, July 20
- ANC6A Economic Development and Zoning Committee meets at 7:00pm at Sherwood Recreation Center, 640 10th Street, NE
Among items on the agenda:
1701 H Street, NE, Planned Unit Development. Update from the developer. The PUD seeks a land use designation change from the existing C-2-A to C-2-B in order to develop the Property. The applicant proposes to construct a mixed-use building with approximately 14,342 square feet of ground-floor retail uses and 180 residential units on nine floors above. The applicant will also use the PUD process to obtain relief from other requirements of the Zoning Regulations, including the parking, loading and roof structure requirements.
1336 H Street, NE, applicant is requesting lot occupancy relief and court width relief from zoning regulations for the residential levels, and rear yard relief in order to provide for an external stairway that will extend into the otherwise open rear yard.
313 11th Street, NE, Concept/construction of two-story carriage house with roof deck.
- Maryland Avenue Pedestrian Safety Plan meeting at 7:30 pm – NE Branch Library, 330 7th Street, NE, with Mayor Bowser, CM Charles Allen, the District Department of Transportation, ANC6A, ANC6C and residents for an update on the implementation of the Maryland Avenue Pedestrian Safety Plan. The Maryland Avenue Pedestrian Safety Project has been previously approved by ANC6A and ANC6C and adopted by DDOT. The plan is available on ANC6A’s website here: http://anc6a.org/
Thursday, July 21
Police Service Area (PSA) 108 public meeting, 7:00pm, Liberty Baptist Church, 527 Kentucky Avenue, SE